Saturday, November 7, 2009

BONUS: Dead Man's Shoes & This is England trailers

Judging from the several (okay, four) Facebook messages I received after I posted my last review, it seems I stoked some interest in Shane Meadows. It also seems I misspoke a bit when I referred to him as "...one of the finest and least talked about filmmakers working today." That's not exactly true. In Britain, it appears he's talked about a great deal. Over here, though, he continues to fly under the radar.

Also, before I wrote the Dead Man's Shoes review it didn't occur to me to check and see if This Is England is also on Netflix Instant Viewer. It is. And, in all honesty, it's the superior film. So watch them both. They're awesome-tacular.

It was further suggested that I should mention some of Meadows' other films -- particularly his acclaimed A Room For Romeo Brass (1999), which also stars Considine. I saw that one not long after it first came out, and I remember enjoying it. He also directed Twenty Four Seven (1997), Once Upon A Time In The Midlands (2002), and last year's Somers Town. I haven't seen Midlands or Somers Town yet, but I believe they're all available on DVD.

Anyway, in an effort to keep your interest piqued, here are the trailers to Dead Man's Shoes and This Is England, courtesy of YouTube.

My The Men Who Stare At Goats review will be up shortly.



No comments: